Vending Machine Cartoon Vending Machine Cartoon

pretty awesome! animation was nicely done. but how did the string not break?

It's Just Science It's Just Science

lol nice, its funny how he didn't even stop looking at the nyan donut

Aqlex responds:

Yup, that was part of the idea. I never really understoof why there was such a big craze about nyan cat, but it seemed like the perfect useless thing for the male to be pouring all of his attention into. Also, I've been wondering what to call that nyan cat parody...Nyan donut works pretty well! Thank you for the review!

Transit Transit

5'd!

the animation on this was top knotch! almost 3d! I like how everything kinda moves along with the beat of the music.

Emrox responds:

Glad to hear you liked it :3

Sus Barbatus Sus Barbatus

interesting game. a bit generic but it seems like you put some work into it. a couple things to point out:

-adding more sound effects would make the game feel less empty
- split it up into multiple levels with different songs used on each one.
-try to get better sound effects that dont sound so stock

Robotic Invasion Legacy Robotic Invasion Legacy

ya know, until i heard it used here, i never knew my song could be great menu music haha

TechVision responds:

It really fits well I think. A great track!

Ican'tAffordAwheelchair Ican'tAffordAwheelchair

HA!

Falling out the window was unexpectedly funny, i thought i failed lol

good one

MegaSphere ft. steelside - Crazy MegaSphere ft. steelside - Crazy

I don't usually listen to this type of music as I prefer songs with no lyrics so this review will mostly be from a production point of view.

The Piano part at the start feels a bit empty, could use some sound effects or synths to fill in the empty space. It does pick up a bit when the drums come in though.

The drums work great but, personally, I feel they are very light on bass...but that is more personal opinion as I like bassy kicks. however, for this song I feel it works best to have it as is as its a very light mix overall.

The mixing is well done all the sound levels are fitting with the overall tone. no sounds really stand out in a negative way.

It's a well produced song, lyrics fit well and everything sounds right.

MegaSphere responds:

About the solo piano intro. I wanted it to sound natural first before the rest of the instruments come in so no wooshy effects and stuff like that. I could have added foley and ambience but I decided against it and took the 'less is more' approach.

I don't get what you mean by the drums being "very light on bass". Are you referring to the snare and hihats not having any bass? (They aren't supposed to). In the drop, the kick has plenty of bass if that's what you mean. There is a sub bass that appears at 1:12, maybe you can't hear it on your speakers/headphones?

I'm also curious what's missing from the track which would've earned it a full 5/5 stars.

Thanks for your review!

The Blind Forest The Blind Forest

This is pretty well composed. Really liking the high pitched bell sound at 0:18, really helps add to the forest sound you are trying to achieve.

There was a small amount of under running at 0:50 with the background sound. not a big deal just noticed it.

The lead synth is really good, you use multiple octaves to add a cool video game/fantasy feel to it, I like that.

If I have to criticize anything it would be your snare choice, while not nessesarily bad it feels a little too heavy hitting for this type of track, something somfter might have been better, maybe add some reverb to it too. The kick drum was barely noticable, but I think for a track like this it works well.

overall well composed and mixed, some minor problems but not a big deal.

Techmo-X responds:

Thank you!

Mixed Emotions Mixed Emotions

first of all, you might want to change that high pitched sound right at the start of the song, its kind of annoying and unnessesary. you could just start the song at 0:06

as the guy below me stated, this does sound like a boss battle in mario or something. It makes me think of the castle levels from the mario games with a little super meat boy.

the change at 4:20 is nice, it slows down a bit and gets a bit of a funky tune before picking up again.

one critique i have is the high pitchedness (is that a word?) of the lead guitar, it sounds good but has a bit of emphasis on the high end which makes it a little hard to listen to.

you should try adding some pads and more bass to fill out the song as it feels a bit empty, consisting mainly of drums, guitar and the occasional synth/bass

The Void The Void

yo!

saw you mention this in your song review, thought id hit you back up anyways.

this is an interesting piece, kinda reminds me of that one painting with all those staircases leading in different directions, i like how you also included that one staircase optical illusion

i was gonna give this a 10 but theres one thing that just doesn't feel right, your lack of color. you have 3 primary colors you use:

black/grey
white
yellow/orange

i think you could use a bit more color, the white just makes this feel like theres nothing there...but i guess that does kinda work for the whole 'void' feeling :)

VidGameDude responds:

glad to have critique then a 10.
or a 10 and critique is nice too but im glad there's something you wish me to improve on.

yeah the color mix is a bit strange and a tad offputting, glad you noticed that, but pretty much what i was going for.

thanks for the review regardless of your offer!
your music piece was quite relaxing.

l8s

anime, FOR REAL! anime, FOR REAL!

LOL!!!!

best face ive seen all day!

Red Dragon Red Dragon

lol

very well done.

reminds me of godzilla with the flatness of the mouth