Vending Machine Cartoon Vending Machine Cartoon

pretty awesome! animation was nicely done. but how did the string not break?

It's Just Science It's Just Science

lol nice, its funny how he didn't even stop looking at the nyan donut

Aqlex responds:

Yup, that was part of the idea. I never really understoof why there was such a big craze about nyan cat, but it seemed like the perfect useless thing for the male to be pouring all of his attention into. Also, I've been wondering what to call that nyan cat parody...Nyan donut works pretty well! Thank you for the review!

Transit Transit

5'd!

the animation on this was top knotch! almost 3d! I like how everything kinda moves along with the beat of the music.

Emrox responds:

Glad to hear you liked it :3

Sus Barbatus Sus Barbatus

interesting game. a bit generic but it seems like you put some work into it. a couple things to point out:

-adding more sound effects would make the game feel less empty
- split it up into multiple levels with different songs used on each one.
-try to get better sound effects that dont sound so stock

Robotic Invasion Legacy Robotic Invasion Legacy

ya know, until i heard it used here, i never knew my song could be great menu music haha

TechVision responds:

It really fits well I think. A great track!

Ican'tAffordAwheelchair Ican'tAffordAwheelchair

HA!

Falling out the window was unexpectedly funny, i thought i failed lol

good one

Mixed Emotions Mixed Emotions

first of all, you might want to change that high pitched sound right at the start of the song, its kind of annoying and unnessesary. you could just start the song at 0:06

as the guy below me stated, this does sound like a boss battle in mario or something. It makes me think of the castle levels from the mario games with a little super meat boy.

the change at 4:20 is nice, it slows down a bit and gets a bit of a funky tune before picking up again.

one critique i have is the high pitchedness (is that a word?) of the lead guitar, it sounds good but has a bit of emphasis on the high end which makes it a little hard to listen to.

you should try adding some pads and more bass to fill out the song as it feels a bit empty, consisting mainly of drums, guitar and the occasional synth/bass

Rejuvenate Rejuvenate

To me this sounds like something you would have lyrics to, which makes it sound like an instrumental take on a song with lyrics.

your drums and lead synths are pretty good however I feel you are lacking on bass. but I personally prefer my songs to have more bass to them, makes it awesome to listen to on big speakers.

I like the use of the bells however I feel the bell sections felt empty, maybe try adding an extra bassline or drum section on those parts to fill it in.

The beat is pretty catchy and overall the mix is pretty clean, ill give it a 4.5/5

Demonic-Overmind responds:

Holy Crap, I forgot to add a sub bass tbh.
I'm not sure about bells section though, I'll look into it.
Thanks for the review!

Edit: Added Sub-bass

Precious Time Precious Time

nice use of the clock sound effect, the start sounds like a hip hop track which is interesting for being a dance song.

the side chaining is a nice touch, feels very professionally done.

one part i feel could have been done a little better was the drop after the buildup. I personally prefer some nice bass after a buildup so I might be a little biased towards the way it was done here. you accentuated the lead synth above the bass which is a common trait of modern dance songs. while not necessarily a bad thing I feel like it could use more bass.

the piano part was a nice change of pace and helps work towards the next buildup, the second buildup was better but still feels lacking on bass.

overall I did enjoy it, I can tell you put some hard work into this especially with the vocal work.

9/10 and 5/5

DJ-CJ-Doty responds:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a good review on it! Really appreciate it! :D
Looks like you've figured me out pretty well. Yes, I do prefer lead over bass. My guess is because I'm a home producer that listens to EDM in my spare time rather than feeling the beat in the club, haha. ;)
I am happy with how the clock and sidechaining turned out too! Makes me happy to see someone appreciating the complexity of these things. :)
I hope you have a fantastic day!

The Void The Void

yo!

saw you mention this in your song review, thought id hit you back up anyways.

this is an interesting piece, kinda reminds me of that one painting with all those staircases leading in different directions, i like how you also included that one staircase optical illusion

i was gonna give this a 10 but theres one thing that just doesn't feel right, your lack of color. you have 3 primary colors you use:

black/grey
white
yellow/orange

i think you could use a bit more color, the white just makes this feel like theres nothing there...but i guess that does kinda work for the whole 'void' feeling :)

VidGameDude responds:

glad to have critique then a 10.
or a 10 and critique is nice too but im glad there's something you wish me to improve on.

yeah the color mix is a bit strange and a tad offputting, glad you noticed that, but pretty much what i was going for.

thanks for the review regardless of your offer!
your music piece was quite relaxing.

l8s

anime, FOR REAL! anime, FOR REAL!

LOL!!!!

best face ive seen all day!

Red Dragon Red Dragon

lol

very well done.

reminds me of godzilla with the flatness of the mouth